Leigh Ann Roberts, VP & Co-Founder
Leigh Ann was raised in Jackson, Mississippi. She completed her undergraduate and law degrees at The University of Mississippi where she met Tracy, her husband and business partner. Leigh Ann has been a civil mediator the last 12 years, holding memberships and leadership positions in such organizations as the Association for Conflict Resolution, the Tennessee Association for Professional Mediators and the Tennessee Human Rights Commission. In addition to her years of experience and recognition as an attorney and mediator, Leigh Ann Roberts is a well-known speaker and trainer in the field of leadership and workplace culture development. Leigh Ann provides expert knowledge and feedback to her audiences on topics that shape the culture of both small and large organizations. Drawing on her years of experience as a legal and conflict management advisor in a variety of industries, Leigh Ann is passionate about helping leaders and professionals create intentional shifts in personal mastery and organizational culture.
Additional Areas of Career Expertise and Accomplishments
- Frequent lecturer and trainer on topics such as ethics, conflict resolution, individual and group mentoring, leadership, executive presence, professional confidence, emotional intelligence, mediation, negotiation, group dynamics and facilitation, diversity, harrassment/employment law issues and other topics related to law, communication, and organizational development.
- Mediator, Arbitrator & Distinguished Neutral for the following organizations: American Arbitration Association; United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee; National, Tennessee, and Mississippi Academies of Mediators, Arbitrators, and Distinguished Neutrals; the Better Business Bureau; the Tennessee Human Rights Commission; Nashville Metro Human Relations Commission; Construction Dispute Resolution Services; and, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
- Litigated, negotiated and mediated many different types of claims and cases including complex commercial disputes, employment and labor disputes, organizational mergers and dissolutions, construction defect cases, personal injury cases, franchise disputes, school board conflicts and nonprofit merger and organization conflicts in both for profit and not-for-profit organizations.
A sampling of executive coaching assignments includes:
- Executive Professional Development Coaching- Coaching of executives and vp level professionals of various ages, backgrounds, missions and genders. Coaching focus- leadership, communication, conflict resolution, strategic planning, board management and professional effectiveness.
- Employee/Management Coaching- Large technology, healthcare, manufacturing and professional service settings, employees ages 30-65. Coaching focus- conflict resolution, communication, goal setting/accountability, group facilitation competencies, leadership confidence and professionalism. Outcomes included increased efficacy, productivity, engagement & EEO claims avoidance.
- Municipal, Law Enforcement Officer/Public Official Coaching- Coaching of high-profile disputes involving municipal officials, ages 45-65. Coaching focus- conflict resolution, integrative negotiating and problem-soliving, communications, goal setting, accountability, press relations, mentoring, management and professionalism. Outcome included retention of city officials and avoidance of litigation as well as increased trust and collaborative efforts of work force and community stakeholders.
- Family-owned/Closely-held Business Coaching- Coaching of members of family-owned and closely held businesses. Ages 30-65. Company size- under 50 employees. Coaching focus- management, conflict resolution, succession planning, communications, goal setting, mentoring and work/life balance. Outcome included successful change management plan and improved overall performance.
- Musician/Band Member Coaching- Coaching of members & management of music groups. Ages 25- 50. Coaching focus- communication, conflict resolution, trust-building, goal setting, work/life balance, succession planning and change management.
- Papa & Roberts, PLLC, Attorney, Mediator, Arbitrator, Consultant and Coach
- Circle Center Consulting, LLC, Member, Group Facilitator, Consultant, Trainer and Coach
- Belmont University, Center for Executive Education Consultant and Trainer in areas of Emotional Intelligence, Leadership, Negotiation, Conflict Resolution, Mentoring and Workplace Culture
- Scarlett Leadership Institute, Vanderbilt University and Lipscomb University, Guest Lecturer
- Belmont University Adjunct Instructor at College of Law & Massey Graduate School of Business, Adjunct Instructor in the areas of Alternative Dispute Resolution, Mediation and Negotiation.
- Roberts Law Firm, Sole Proprietor, Attorney, Mediator, Arbitrator, Consultant and Coach
- Tennessee Attorney General, Assistant Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division
- Richardson Law Firm, Civil Litigation Attorney
Education and Certifications:
- PRESENCE BASED COACHING, ICF Accredited, Organizational & Professional Development Coach
- MEDIATION TRAINING INTERNATIONAL,INC., Certified Workplace Conflict Management Trainer and Regional Representative.
- UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI SCHOOL OF LAW, Juris Doctor
- UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI, Bachelor of Arts, Honors Graduate
- TENNESSEE SUPREME COURT, Court Rule 31 Listed General Civil Mediator
- Tennessee Chapter, International Coaching Federation
- Middle Tennessee Chapter, Society for Human Resource Managers
- Distinguished Neutral, Mediator and Arbitrator for FINRA, American Arbitration Association and the Better Business Bureau
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals; MS & TN Academies of Mediators & Arbitrators
- Former President and Chair, Tennessee Association of Professional Mediators, Nashville Bar Association Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- Former Member, Tennessee Attorney General’s Office Ethics Commission